Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who says frig piracy is dead?

When I logged on today, local was full of badies; fearing that my station would be camped I took a rifter out instead of a more powerful and vulnerable cruiser. After going a few systems deeper into our lowsec pocket, I started scanning around, there were a multitude of t2 ships flying around... and an omen... flown by a noob.... bait? Bah, I'm in a rifter, I've got drones more expensive than this ship! Sound the klaxons! Battlestations! Barrupa Barrrupa!

But I digress...

I warp in to find a lone omen, duking it out with a rat with a few drones; I immediately target and scram him orbiting w/o afterburner or repper on. Then, I activated my repper and started shooting at his drones, as they were beginning to chew into my armor. One by one, his drones died off, eventually leaving just him and me in the belt. Local was still chalk full, so I called in some backup, Thurxus, a good fellow pirate. As I slowly whittled away at his shields, and then his armor, I began to get concerned that I would run out of ammo, but then it appeared that his cap and thus whatever tank he had failed... I also noticed that after I had taken out his drones, that he wasn't really doing any damage to me; strange, since I thought lasers had excellent tracking...

By the time Thurxus had shown up in system, the omen was at about 1/4 hull, and I figured that someone else would eventually show up, just like last night with the rapier... so I told him to go to a safespot and wait. After about 2 or 3 minutes of fighting, the omen finally went down.

Omen

And shortly afterwards, his pod...

TallyRaya

I had full armor and my shields were regenning.... And was now at a safe spot with Thurxus and about 2 mil of loot. Not bad at all.

Today was a series of firsts for me, I noticed that I've got a bounty (5k), am only .01 sec status away from blinky red status, have finally flipped my kd ratio from all my carebear deaths, and am building up a nice cache of frozen corpses Mmmm...

No comments: