Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Results of First Outing


[I had meant to make my prior post yesterday, but wasn't able to, so I'm publishing both today]

From all my research on pirating, a few things were quite clear:
  1. Practical targets will be hard to find
  2. Start cheap, t1 frigates, before you move up
  3. You will die
Taking this all into consideration, I began my outing with some can flipping near low sec.
So, as I arrive in a system, I checked local and saw a few potential targets... did some scanning and found a kestrel alone in a belt apparently ratting.

After warping in, I saw that he was fighting two rats, I killed both of them and waited...
and waited a bit more...
And he agressed me in my incursus!
I immediately let loose my blasters and drone, notching away his shields, by the time he died, he had only scratched maybe 10 hp off of my armor; a good start if I may say so myself.
2008.08.27 02:33:00

Victim: Ksirifai
Corp: School of Applied Knowledge
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Merlin
System: Faurent
Security: 0.5
Damage Taken: 2134

Involved parties:

Name: Lanissum (laid the final blow)
Security: 1.0
Corp: BROTHERHOOD OF SPARTA
Alliance: Pupule 'Ohana
Faction: NONE
Ship: Incursus
Weapon: Light Electron Blaster I
Damage Done: 2054

Name: Serpentis Protector / Serpentis Corporation
Damage Done: 80

Destroyed items:
...

Dropped items:

Serpentis Ship Log 501163556 (Cargo)
Small Shield Booster I
Flameburst Light Missile, Qty: 1780 (Cargo)
Flameburst Light Missile, Qty: 34
Lead Charge S, Qty: 297 (Cargo)
Civilian Salvager (Cargo)
Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 47 (Cargo)
Survey Scanner I
Standard Missile Launcher I

I had also spotted another potential victim in a Vexor and had started a private chat with him (as I was killing this guy)
So, I basically talk this dude into take from my can in fleet, but apparently he can do that w/o being agressed while in fleet... so I leave fleet and get him to take my can again!
After which, I start 'testing' his tank, which ultimately breaks

2008.08.27 02:51:00

Victim: Gallante Citizen 10484347393
Corp: 1st Regional Multi Race School Of Industry
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Vexor
System: Faurent
Security: 0.5
Damage Taken: 7229

Involved parties:

Name: Lanissum (laid the final blow)
Security: 1.0
Corp: BROTHERHOOD OF SPARTA
Alliance: Pupule 'Ohana
Faction: NONE
Ship: Incursus
Weapon: Light Electron Blaster I
Damage Done: 7065

Name: Serpentis Watchman / Serpentis Corporation
Damage Done: 164

Destroyed items:

...
Guardian Iron Charge S, Qty: 1000 (Cargo) [1.5 mil or so... darn]
...

Dropped items:

Remote Sensor Dampener I (Cargo)
Asymmetric Energy Succor I (Cargo)
Small I-a Polarized Armor Regenerator
Small 'Hope' Hull Reconstructor I
Medium Clarity Ward Booster I
Small Hull Repairer I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
150mm 'Scout' I Accelerator Cannon
Small Energy Neutralizer I (Cargo)
Small Energy Transfer Array I (Cargo)
Small I-a Polarized Armor Regenerator, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 29
Survey Scanner I (Cargo)
Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 4107 (Cargo)
Small Remote Armor Repair System I (Cargo)

Then I went out into low sec, but couldn't find any targets...
But I think that this is a pretty good start for me, netting a kestrel and a vexor with just an incursus on my first go at piracy; lets see how my luck holds up in black rise tomorrow.

I'm also off to a good start on the tuskers' recruiting requirements, 5 solo kills 2 of which are of a superior ship class-- already got two of the 5 and 1 of the upper kills :)

I even got my first 'hate mail'

[ 2008.08.27 02:56:59 ] Gallante Citizen 10484347393 > hey lanissum you kinda remind me of the kid who has a restraining order on me cause of how many of his boned i broke

No comments: